Thursday, January 21, 2010

KidLit Contest

Well, with the beginning of the new year I have found I have a renewed interest in getting somewhere with my writing. I have joined a new critique website: scribophile.com. That now makes the writing websites I belong to at a grand total of three (reviewfuse.com, writerscafe.org and now scribophile.com). I am enjoying scribophile because I can pick and choose what I critique rather than randomly being assigned something.

I have also decided that my latest story, Cocoon, is ready to be sent away with my best wishes for a great success. I have edited and re-edited, been critiqued and reviewed, and am ready to find a home for my paranormal romance story. My first foray into the big, bad world of agents and publishing will be with a website I found and love called kidlit.com. The site is written by Mary Kole who is an editor with Andrea Brown Literary Agency. I actually had that agency picked out as one I wanted to query so this will be a great way to get my foot (toe) in the door and see if they like my style.

If anyone else out there is a writer of Young Adult Fiction, check out their website. The contest ends January 31, 2010. Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment